Stephanie Linus has been recognized for her role in inspiring improved personal and community hygiene with an appointment from the Federal Government as the National OPS-WASH Ambassador. She was appointed yesterday by the Honourable Minster of Water Resources Engr. Suleiman H. Adamu at a special decoration ceremony in Abuja.
This appointment is the highest form of recognition given by OPS-WASH (Organized Private Sector in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) to any member of the private sector.
In his address, Engr. Adamu charged Mrs Linus to inspire behavioral change among Nigerians for people to take responsibility for their environment in her role as OPS-WASH Ambassador. While applauding her efforts with the “Hygiene First campaign, he also implored her and her team to map out different activities that would encourage environmental sustainability across the nation.
Also present is Dr Nicholas Igwe who is the National coordinator for OPS-WASH. The premise of OPS-WASH is based on multi-stakeholder collaboration. He thus expressed excitement for the involvement of the entertainment industry in the WASH sector in creating behavioral change.
As the OPS- WASH Ambassador, Mrs Linus promised that she will use her role to challenge Nigerians to make good hygiene a culture, as well as inspire citizen participation and responsibility. This appointment comes as a public sector recognition of the Hygiene First campaign which she launched in May 2020.
OPS-WASH (Organised Private Sector in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) is an umbrella body for private sector collaboration and multi-stakeholder innovation. It was inaugurated by the Federal Ministry of Water Resources with a goal to end open defecation in Nigeria by 2025 and alleviate other water-related challenges in Nigeria.
- Oil not enough to feed Nigeria anymore – Obasanjo
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed