Two suspected ritualists; Femi Adeniji and Shittu Abdulmalik Wale have been arrested for alleged murder of one Rianat Yusuf in Offa, Offa Local Government Area of the state, whose head and two hands had been severed from her body.
Police Public Relations Officer, SP Okasanmi Ajayi, said Adeniji confessed to be in possession of the woman’s head and hands, adding that the suspect further confessed that he had sold one of the hands to his accomplice who is presently at large for the sum of N20, 000.
The second suspect, Shittu Abdulmalik Wale, the statement added, also confessed to have used the second hand of the deceased for money making soap.
Investigation into the matter, according to the statement, is ongoing, saying the suspects would be charged to court on completion of investigation.
The Command has therefore admonished “criminal elements to vacate the state or risk being arrested, prosecuted and be permanently accommodated in the Correctional facilities”, whole urging the youth to shun the desire for quick and easy money.
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks
- Celine Dion cancels shows over incurable disease
- Reps disagree with CBN, orders suspension of cash withdrawal limit
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom