The Minister of Women Affairs, Mrs Pauline Tallen, has urged Agriculture Nigeria Pageant team to drive the attention of women, young girls and boys to agro-entrepreneurial business.
Tallen made the call on Friday in a statement by Olujimi Oyetomi, Director, Press & Public Relations, when the Miss Agriculture Nigeria Pageant team, an initiative of Cross River Government, paid her a courtesy visit in Abuja.
According to her, the agricultural enterprise development programme symbolised by the Pageant tallies with the Federal Government Agricultural Transformation Agenda (ATA), noting, “After air, food is a necessity for survival.”
Earlier, Christabel Eze, Miss Agriculture Nigeria pageant’s current Queen, said the Pageant needed the collaboration of the ministry to boost women and youths involvement in agro-business.
Eze appealed to the government to set up a Micro-Finance Bank, especially to aid “agro-preneurial” programme for women.
She disclosed that the forthcoming “Agro-preneurial” programme, was scheduled for Aug. 12, in Calabar.
The Miss Agriculture Nigeria Pageant Team comprises Christabel Eze; Queen of Food Security, Nigeria, Angel Ogar, Queen of Western Farmers and Oluwatobi Jennifer-Oluchi; Queen of Northern Farmers.
Others are Kurdan Naanpoe-Jemimah, Queen of Southern Farmers, Christy Anie and the Project Manager, Agbeje Angela.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin