The Minister of Women Affairs, Mrs Pauline Tallen, has urged Agriculture Nigeria Pageant team to drive the attention of women, young girls and boys to agro-entrepreneurial business.
Tallen made the call on Friday in a statement by Olujimi Oyetomi, Director, Press & Public Relations, when the Miss Agriculture Nigeria Pageant team, an initiative of Cross River Government, paid her a courtesy visit in Abuja.
According to her, the agricultural enterprise development programme symbolised by the Pageant tallies with the Federal Government Agricultural Transformation Agenda (ATA), noting, “After air, food is a necessity for survival.”
Earlier, Christabel Eze, Miss Agriculture Nigeria pageant’s current Queen, said the Pageant needed the collaboration of the ministry to boost women and youths involvement in agro-business.
Eze appealed to the government to set up a Micro-Finance Bank, especially to aid “agro-preneurial” programme for women.
She disclosed that the forthcoming “Agro-preneurial” programme, was scheduled for Aug. 12, in Calabar.
The Miss Agriculture Nigeria Pageant Team comprises Christabel Eze; Queen of Food Security, Nigeria, Angel Ogar, Queen of Western Farmers and Oluwatobi Jennifer-Oluchi; Queen of Northern Farmers.
Others are Kurdan Naanpoe-Jemimah, Queen of Southern Farmers, Christy Anie and the Project Manager, Agbeje Angela.
- 2023: INEC, NUJ collaborate on election, conflict-sensitive reporting
- Senate President cautions against Vote-trading in 2023 poll
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano