The fire broke out just an hour after the candlelight procession for the late founder of the church, Prophet T.B Joshua.
The procession, which kicked off the week-long funeral rites for the late TB Joshua, held on Monday evening, led by TB Joshua’s widow, Evelyn Joshua.
Thousands of followers attended the ceremony that started with “three meditative laps of The SCOAN Prayer Mountain in honour of the memory of Prophet T.B. Joshua.”
Afterwards, members gathered at “the Junction of the Cross” to drop their burning candles.
Fire guts Synagogue Church on night of late founder?s candlelight procession; Church reacts
After the candlelight service, there was a fire outbreak at the storehouse within the SCOAN complex at about 11 pm.
The church confirmed the incident on Facebook and said it was caused by an electrical fault, but it was quickly put before officials from the Lagos State Fire Services arrived at the scene.
An official statement posted on Facebook reads:
In the late evening of Monday 5th July 2021, there was a minor electrical fire incident at a store house within The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) complex. The incident was quickly brought under control without any injuries.
As part of the preparedness for the weeklong services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua, The SCOAN has worked closely with relevant government agencies including the Lagos State Fire Services, whose members were on ground at the time of the incident.
We thank God for His continued protection. We assure the general public that there is no cause for alarm and the services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua will continue as scheduled.
“Nothing outside God’s control can happen to His children.” – TB Joshua
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections