Two men, Adelabu Adetunji, 36 and Abiola Ayodeji, 26 were on Monday sentenced to six months imprisonment by an Ado-Ekiti Magistrate Court over assault and stealing.
Police prosecutor, Sgt. Monica Ikebuilo told the court that the
accused committed the offence on Dec.31 at about 7:30 pm at No 45
Ijale Street, Ado-Ekiti.
The accused were arraigned on two-count-charge of Assault occasioning harm and stealing.
She told the court that the duo, on the said date unlawfully assaulted
one Omololu Ogunlade by cutting her neck with cutlass which caused a grievous harm to her, resulting to hospital admission.
The prosecutor added that the accused also stole the sum of N80, 000 from the victim house.
According to her, the offence contravened Section 355, 390 (a) of the
Criminal Code, Cap C 16, Laws of Ekiti State.2012.
The prosecutor called four witnesses to prove her case, while the
defense counsel, Mr Busuyi Ayorinde also called two witnesses to prove the case of the case of the accused.
Magistrate Omolola Akosile in her judgment said the prosecution
counsel had proved her case beyond reasonable doubt and established all the facts of assault and stealing.
She therefore sentenced the two accused persons to six months
imprisonment without any option of fine.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin