The University of Ilorin has announced resumption of academic activities on October 24, 2022 following the end of the prolonged industrial action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU.
According to a statement by the Director, Corporate Affairs of the university, Mr Kunle Akogun, in Ilorin, the decision followed the ratification of the amended academic calendar by the University Senate at its 291st meeting on Friday, October 21, 2022.
The amended calendar indicated that final year and postgraduate students are expected back on campus on Monday, 24th October, 2022.
Other categories of returning students will resume on December 15th when the 2021/2022 academic session will commence.
However, students of the faculties of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, who were yet to complete their rain semester examinations before the commencement of the strike on February 14, 2022, are expected to resume on October 24th to conclude such examinations, the statement added.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG