The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mohammed Bello has said the ministry will concentrate on infrastructural projects that have great effects on the largest number of the populace in Abuja.
Bello spoke at the presentation of performance of the 2021 statutory budget, 2022 appropriation as well as review of the 2022 national budget and the FCT component of the 2023 national appropriation to the joint committee of the National Assembly on federal capital territory held on Friday in Abuja.
Bello speaking, mentioned three significant projects including roads, rail and Abuja water projects in the FCT 2022 appropriation, adding that 60 vehicles are ready to be handed over to FCT arm forces for the enhancement of the projects.
In the period under review, the minister said the FCT has proposed N607 billion revenue and budget profile in 2022 appropriation.
“Our desire is to continue to complete on going infrastructural projects that have the greatest effect on the largest number of people, we are concentrating a lot of our resources on capital expenditure.
“Maitama district work project will commence once the budget is passed. we have some level of interventions in the sector of agriculture. maintaining the green spaces in the city of Abuja is very difficult but we are trying to do something to achieve what is possible.” Bello said.
Bello admitted that the National Assembly approved N329 billion for FCT in 2021.
He explained that the federal budget for 2022 gave FCT N59 billion, saying only N19bn has so far been released to the ministry, even as he expressed optimism that the remaining balance of over N30 billion would be released.
The Chairman Senate Committee on FCT, Senator Smart Adeyemi, Kogi west has placed Satellite Towns Development Department on notice of an oversight visit on Tuesday 25th and Wednesday 26th.
He said that the oversight would afford the committee to see how “we can improve the well being of our people, especially those who reside outside the city of Abuja”.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy