The Vice Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Prof. Wahab Olasupo Egbewole, SAN, has congratulated the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman, Kwara State Council of Chiefs,Alhaji (Dr) Ibrahiim Sulu-Gambari, CFR, on the occasion of the 28th anniversary of his coronation, which falls hold due this Saturday (11th November).
The Vice Chancellor, in a statement signed by the University’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Mr Kunle Akogun, said that the management, staff and students of the University are delighted that the Emir has lived to witness yet another celebration of his coronation anniversary on the throne of his illustrious forebears.
Prof. Egbewole described the Emir as a distinguished jurist, outstanding statesman and exemplary leader whose reign represents a significant episode in the annals of Ilorin Emirate and Kwara State at large.
While describing Alhaji Sulu-Gambari as a father of all, the legal luminary paid glowing tributes to the Emir for his remarkable contributions to national development before and after his coronation.
Prof. Egbewole, who is also the Secretary-General of the Association of West African Universities (AWAU), said that the impact of the Emir as an outstanding lawyer, incorruptible judge and exemplary traditional ruler would continue to single him out among his contemporaries as a man of all times.
The Vice Chancellor appreciated the Emir and the good people of Ilorin Emirate for their support to the University since its establishment about 48 years ago.
Prof. Egbewole, who praised the peaceful dispositions of the Emir to all manners of people, remarked that the prevailing peace and harmony in Ilorin Emirate has impacted greatly on the University as he said that the institution is proud of its association with the city and people of Ilorin.
The Vice Chancellor assured the Emir, who is also the Chancellor of the Bayero University, Kano, that the University of Ilorin would continue to prioritise Ilorin Emirate in its research and community development activities.
He recalled that the establishment of the Centre for Ilorin Studies (CILS) by the authorities of the University of Ilorin about 15 years ago was targeted at studying, propagating and preserving the cultural, historical and intellectual heritages of the people of Ilorin Emirate.
The Vice Chancellor specifically assured the Emir that the University would continue to support the developmental strides of its host community as he urged all the well-to-do people of the Emirate to reciprocate the gestures by supporting the University too in every way possible.
Prof. Egbewole wished the Emir more years of sound health and rewarding services to Allah and humanity.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death