US behind drone attack to assassinate Putin – Russia claims
Russia has accused the US of being behind what it says was a drone attack on the Kremlin intended to kill Vladimir Putin.
The Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov made the allegation in a briefing to reporters, saying Washington should be aware that Russia knew it was selecting the targets and Ukraine was merely implementing US plans. He did not provide any evidence to support the claim of US involvement.
Ukraine has denied involvement in the incident in the early hours of Wednesday, when video footage showed two flying objects approaching the Kremlin and one exploding with a bright flash.
The Kremlin has said it reserves the right to retaliate, but has not said what form this might take.
Peskov said Russia had several options and the response, when it came, would be carefully considered and balanced. He said an urgent investigation was under way, but he could not say when the results would be known.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- No-Man’s Land: Lagos to make laws toprotect indigenes
- Peace Mass Transit says bus fares will not be increased despite fuel price
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office