(VIDEO) Gov. AbdulRazaq bids Kwara Pilgrims farewell at Ilorin airport
Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has on Friday night accompanied Kwara pilgrims to the Ilorin International Airport to bid them farewell.
The pilgrims are the first batch to be airlifted from the state to Saudi Arabia for Hajj 2023.
It has been a routine for the Governor to pay courtesy visit to intending pilgrims at their camp and later accompany them to the airport as a way of identifying with them.
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) commenced the airlift of pilgrims on Thursday with an inaugural flight that comprised pilgrims from Nasarawa State.
Hajj is one of the pillars of Islam which holds yearly with a large number of Muslims from around the world gathering in Saudi Arabia to perform the rite.
During his visit, Governor AbdulRazaq exchanged pleasantries with the pilgrims who took turns to commend his humility.
They also prayed for his success during his second term in office, while the Governor wished them a safe landing at their destination.
AbdulRazaq who won re-election into office would be inaugurated for his second term on Monday.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari