While playing host to array of the then stars that won 1994 nation’s cup on Thursday, the Minister recalled that the present administration led by President Muhammadu Buhari fulfilled the house promise made to them due to his resolve to make needed impact in sports impact.
He said, “The present administration is leaving no stone unturned in making sure that all facets of sports development is taken care of.
“After appointing former football and sports stars into government positions, on monthly basis, we take care of aged players and needs around them, and we will continue to do more.”
Among those in the former Super Eagles entourage are Victor Ikpeba, Daniel Amokachi, Alloy Agu and Austin Eguavoen.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated