It was gathered that the suspension was initiated by the Minister for Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi.
Garba Shehu, Spokesman to President Muhammadu Buhari, in a statement issued on Thursday disclosed that “the suspension followed a recommendation by Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, to set up an administrative panel of inquiry to investigate the management of the NPA.”
ROYAL NEWS further learnt that Buhari also approved the appointment of Mohammed Koko to take over while “the investigation is carried out”.
The panel is to be headed by the director of maritime services in the ministry while the deputy director of legal in the same ministry will serve as secretary.
While other members of the panel will be appointed by the minister, checks revealed that the embattled MD was first appointed as the NPA boss in July 2016.
Also, in January, President Muhammadu Buhari reappointed her as NPA MD, for an additional five-year tenure.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children