It was gathered that the suspension was initiated by the Minister for Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi.
Garba Shehu, Spokesman to President Muhammadu Buhari, in a statement issued on Thursday disclosed that “the suspension followed a recommendation by Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, to set up an administrative panel of inquiry to investigate the management of the NPA.”
ROYAL NEWS further learnt that Buhari also approved the appointment of Mohammed Koko to take over while “the investigation is carried out”.
The panel is to be headed by the director of maritime services in the ministry while the deputy director of legal in the same ministry will serve as secretary.
While other members of the panel will be appointed by the minister, checks revealed that the embattled MD was first appointed as the NPA boss in July 2016.
Also, in January, President Muhammadu Buhari reappointed her as NPA MD, for an additional five-year tenure.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated