It was gathered that the suspension was initiated by the Minister for Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi.
Garba Shehu, Spokesman to President Muhammadu Buhari, in a statement issued on Thursday disclosed that “the suspension followed a recommendation by Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, to set up an administrative panel of inquiry to investigate the management of the NPA.”
ROYAL NEWS further learnt that Buhari also approved the appointment of Mohammed Koko to take over while “the investigation is carried out”.
The panel is to be headed by the director of maritime services in the ministry while the deputy director of legal in the same ministry will serve as secretary.
While other members of the panel will be appointed by the minister, checks revealed that the embattled MD was first appointed as the NPA boss in July 2016.
Also, in January, President Muhammadu Buhari reappointed her as NPA MD, for an additional five-year tenure.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kwara: EFCC Arrests Two Clerics, Five Suspected Fraudsters In Hotel
- Customs generates N1.293trn revenue in six months –Official
- Police arrest father over daughter’s death in Kogi
- Aisha Wakil a.ka. ‘Mama Boko Haram, 2 others sentenced to 7yrs jailterm
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law