A Japanese woman who tested positive for the coronavirus has killed herself after spreading the disease to her daughter and husband.
The woman who is in her 30s, was found dead last Friday in her Tokyo apartment where she was self-isolating after contracting Covid-19. She was asymptomatic.
The Japanese woman lived with her husband and daughter who have both tested positive for the disease, according to local media citing sources.
In a note she left behind, the woman wrote that ‘it is inexcusable that I have become a nuisance,’ and blamed herself for her daughter catching the virus.
She also said that she felt sorry for causing trouble for people around her.
Health experts have reportedly called for necessary mental care for the people who self-isolate at home during the coronavirus pandemic, which has claimed more than two million people worldwide.
The news comes as the number of people taking their own lives in Japan has risen.
- Election: Close down institutions, allow students vote– Reps to FG
- ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
- Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure
- Ex-JAMB registrar opened fictitious accounts to conceal his identity– Witness
- No attempt to create conflict between Tinubu, Buhari will succeed – APC
- Lubcon bags West Africa’s best lubricant of year
- NYSC gets 8 new directors, promotes 1,123 others
- Senate confirms ex-I-G Arase as Chairman, Police Service Commission
- Bank customers decry scarcity of new Naira notes at ATMs, POS
- Senate suspends plenary till Feb. 28