A Japanese woman who tested positive for the coronavirus has killed herself after spreading the disease to her daughter and husband.
The woman who is in her 30s, was found dead last Friday in her Tokyo apartment where she was self-isolating after contracting Covid-19. She was asymptomatic.
The Japanese woman lived with her husband and daughter who have both tested positive for the disease, according to local media citing sources.
In a note she left behind, the woman wrote that ‘it is inexcusable that I have become a nuisance,’ and blamed herself for her daughter catching the virus.
She also said that she felt sorry for causing trouble for people around her.
Health experts have reportedly called for necessary mental care for the people who self-isolate at home during the coronavirus pandemic, which has claimed more than two million people worldwide.
The news comes as the number of people taking their own lives in Japan has risen.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- NBC revokes licences of Ray Power FM, Silverbird TV, 50 other stations
- Nigerian Govt to block access to online loan firms
- No short shelf doses of COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria — FG
- NiMet predicts 3-day rains, thunderstorms from Friday
- Emirates suspends flights to, from Nigeria
- Flight tickets skyrocket as aviation fuel hits N903
- PDP constitutes caretaker committee for Osun
- Osun Guber: Court strikes out suit against Ademola Adeleke
- Strike: Federal Govt’s offer miserable — ASUU
- Poultry farmers lament high cost of raw material