From Francis Adekunle, Ado-Ekiti
A woman, Ademiloye Felicia and her son, Adewumi Ademiloye, has been arrested by the police over an alleged abduction, rape and child exploitation in Ekiti.
According to the police, a 15-year-old girl, who left home for an extra mural lesson in preparation for her WAEC examination was reported missing in March 2019.
Three years later, March 15, the victim’s mother received credible information about her daughter’s whereabouts and the police traced the missing girl to the house of one Mrs. Ademiloye Felicia. The victim was immediately rescued and the suspects were arrested.
The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Ekiti command, ASP Sunday Abutu, said investigation revealed that the victim was lured by Adewumi into his mother’s house and drugged her on that fateful day.
According to the victim, “after consuming the drugs given to her by Adewumi, she could not remember going back home. She stated that she is now a drug addict due to the amount of drugs consumed within this period of three years”
Abutu, added that the victim said Adewumi had series of sexual intercourse with her and has given her to different men on many occasions each time he is broke and does not have money, who had sex with her and paid Adewumi either N10,000 or N20,000″.
Abutu said investigation revealed that the victim is about 8 months pregnant but has not been registered in any health care center or visited any hospital for anti-natal care.
The PPRO said that during interrogation Adewumi confessed to the commission of the crime and will be charged to court with the mother for conspiracy to wit abduction, rape and child exploitation.
The victim has been taken to Ekiti State Sexual Assualt Referral Centre, Ado-Ekiti for medical attention.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia
- BREAKING…. Many school children, others affected as explosion rocks Kano