No fewer than 20 corps members will repeat national service as punishment for absconding from their places of primary assignment.
The Coordinator of the National Youth Service Corps in Kwara State, Mrs Esther Ikupolati, stated this in Ilorin while speaking with journalists.
She noted that the affected persons who violated various sections of the NYSC Bye Laws would have their tenures extended, ranging from two to four months.The state coordinator added that the punishment would deter others from treading the path of indiscipline.
Ikupolati said the affected corps members were among the 1,781 who served in the 2018 Batch C stream one in the state.
She noted four deserving corps members, who passed out in low-key ceremony held at the NYSC Secretariat in Ilorin on Monday, received NYSC State Honours Award for distinguishing themselves in the course of the service year.
“It is our tradition in the NYSC to always reward hard work, ingenuity, resourcefulness and innovations among corps members during the passing out ceremony. She commended the outgoing corps members for their contributions to the development of the state, especially in education, health, agriculture, rural infrastructure and involvement in the concluded general elections.
She advised them to continue to practice the skills acquired during their Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development Training, saying,
“The skill acquired will come in handy as an alternative to the usual job seeking mentality. The state coordinator however lamented that one of the outgoing corps members died during national service due to ill health.
Facebook Comments Box
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death
- Gov. AbdulRazaq inaugurates APC campaign council in Kwara
- Media expert harps on importance of free press on democracy