Ahead of the 2023 general election, Rescue Nigeria Mission (RENMISS), a sociopolitical group, has called on Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi to run for president on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The group’s national chairman, Alhaji Abdullahi Shuaibu-Damat, made the call Sunday in Lafia, Nasarawa, at a town hall meeting with various youth groups and coordinators from the six north central states and the Federal Capital Territory. (FCT) Abuja.
Shuaibu-Damat said that it was necessary for APC leaders across the country to support Governor Bello, to present his candidacy in the 2023 general elections, as a representative of the youth.
He also pointed out that supporting Bello to assume the presidency will enhance peace, unity and progress in the country.
He explained that the group was already mobilizing people, especially youth, in the 774 local government areas of the 36 states and FCTs, adding that many Nigerians have joined the project.
Mr. Haruna Nuhu-Tauhid, coordinator of the group in North-Central, said that the older generation had their turn in the party in 2015 and 2019 and had done well, noting therefore that it was right to support a young man.
The coordinator added that the group was not only supporting Bello when he was young, but because of his vitality, commitment, capacity and ability to change things forever.
Also, Dahiru Nagogo, Nasarawa Coordinator of the group, said that Bello has shown to be very brave, visionary, dedicated and committed to the cause of the country.
He explained that they had interacted with Governor Bello often and knew that under his leadership, the youth would be given their rightful place in the scheme of things.
According to him, Bello will address the root causes of youth insecurity and make them inaccessible for recruitment into crime and other vices.
The meeting was attended by representatives from the states of Nasarawa, Plateau, Niger, Kwara, Kogi and Benue, as well as the FCT Abuja. .
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement