The Federal Government has sympathized with Nigerians for the unforeseen difficulties caused by Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) and has asked for patience in finding lasting solutions to the problem.
Chief Timipre Sylva, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, made the call on Sunday in a statement to adviser (Media and Communications), Horacio Egua.
“In recent weeks, Nigerians have grappled with fuel shortages not because of a lack of product supply but because of the failure of inspection, which allowed adulterated products to enter the country.
“This is unfortunate, and the Federal Government stands in solidarity with the citizenry due to the unforeseen hardship, the shortage caused.
“Let me once again ask Nigerians to be patient with the government in finding lasting solutions to the crisis,” Sylva said.
He thanked the NNPC for showing such concern for the plight of Nigerians with an apology.
“This is unprecedented and showed that we on the government side are not afraid to take responsibility,” he added.
Tankers waiting to load product
According to him, we are beginning to see the fruits of their efforts.
“This is not the time to exchange blame as is customary in Nigeria. Therefore, it is not a time to consult anyone, but a time to come together to save the plight of the average Nigerian.
“After the storm calms down, there will be enough time to investigate and get to the bottom, so this doesn’t happen again.
“President Muhammadu Buhari’s charge to all parties and agencies involved is to work together to ensure that normalcy returns quickly.
“The Nigerian people deserve the best and the government is determined to put the country on the right path of availability and sustainability of petroleum products,” said Sylva.
This, he said, was demonstrated in the award of contracts for the rehabilitation of all our refineries and the acquisition of participation in the Dangote Refinery.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory