The Leader of the Pan Yoruba Socio-Political organization, Afenifere, Pa Reuben Fasoranti, on Tuesday gave nod to the presidential ambition of the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Fasonranti who endorsed Tinubu’s presidential ambition said with the former Lagos State Governor’s track records, he deserved to be president come 2023.
The nonagenarian disclosed this while receiving members of the South West Agenda for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, SWAGA 23, at his country home in Akure, the Ondo State capital.
SWAGA, a group comprising of political stakeholders, loyalists and supporters of the APC national leader, within the six states of the Southwest have been promoting Tinubu’s presidential ambition within the country.
According to the Afenifere leader, with Tinubu as president, all the prayers of Afenifere for Nigeria would be answered, particularly the issue of restructuring and federalism.
Earlier, the National Chairman of SWAGA, Senator Dayo Adeyeye, who solicited the support of the foremost Yoruba organization, said Tinubu had always been part of Afenifere who will listen to the yearnings of the group.
While stressing that Tinubu is not aware of what they are doing, the SWAGA Chairman urged everyone within the Southwest to rally support for him.
“If it must come to the Southwest, the best person that fit the race is Tinubu, hence the need for everyone with the region to support him in order not to create a division.
“With Tinubu in the race, the South East and South-South will have no option than to support him.
- Ukraine President Zelensky appoints Oby Ezekwesili as ambassador
- Breaking: Buhari wades into Naira new notes scarcity
- Fuel scarcity worsens, bites harder in FCT
- No new CP in Lagos state, says Police command
- Osun Tribunal: Sanwo-Olu congratulates Oyetola
- New Naira: Tight security at banks against customers’ attack
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor