2023 U-20 W/Cup: Flying Eagles beat Italy 2-0 to reach Round of 16
Nigeria’s Flying Eagles defeated Italy 2-0 in their second Group D game at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Argentina on Wednesday.
The win means the Flying Eagles progress into the round of 16 with a game to spare.
Second half goals from Salim Fago and Jude Sunday made it back-to-back wins for Ladan Bosso-led side who pipped Dominican Republic 2-2 in their opening game.
They will end their group stage campaign against Brazil on Saturday, May 27.
After a tight first half, the Flying Eagles opened the scoring against Italy thanks to a header by Fago.
In the 95th minute Sunday the made sure of the three points by getting the second goal for the Nigerians.
The team had a scare in the 37th minute after VAR check for possible handball which was eventually waved off.
Meanwhile, Group B’s other game would see Brazil take on Dominican Republic later on Wednesday.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate