29yr-old PDP candidate floors serving Assembly Speaker in Yobe
The 29-year old candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) in Yobe State, Musa Lawan Majakura, has defeated the serving Speaker of State House of Assembly, Hon. Ahmed Lawan Mirwa of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC).
The results of the election was declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC’s returning officer, Nguru Constituency, Alhaji Mahdi Damatu.
Majakura defeated Mirwa who is representing Nguru constituency in the Yobe House of Assembly since 2003, ROYAL NEWS reports.
He polled 6,648 votes, to defeat the Speaker who had 6,466 votes while Bukar Jatau of New Nigeria People’s Party got 23 votes, and Mai Zare Idriss Idriss APM Party got 14 votes followed by Isah Sa’idu Shehu of the ADC party who got 30 votes.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents