A three year old boy, Abdulsalam AbdulMalik has reportedly suffered severe burns from hot water at his residence in Ilorin, yesterday.
Abdulsalam who is currently under admission at the Ilorin General Hospital sustained the injury as a result of hot water which poured on him while walking round the living room.
It was gathered that the boy unknowingly hit his leg against a kettle that was placed on a charcoal stove filled with water.
The little boy’s mother, Mrs. Abdulmalik while speaking with our correspondent at the hospital premises yesterday revealed that the she was removing the clothes she washed from the wire when the incident happened.
“I was packing our cloths from the wire outside the house when the incident happened. I just noticed that he was trying to navigate his way beside the charcoal stove when his cloth got entangled and he hit his leg against the kettle while trying to escape unfortunately hot water poured on his body.
“We quickly poured cold pap on the affected parts and we subsequently rushed him here based on advice of our neighbours,” she lamented.
In the same vein, the father, Mr Abdulmalik said he was away from home when the incident occurred and he quickly dashed home when he received a distress call. “I was not around when it happened, on getting here I was told to buy the items needed to treat him and as you can see he is being attended to.”
The doctor attending to the child, who pleaded anonymity, however stated that there was no cause for alarm adding that the boy will be placed on admission. He urged parents and guardians to ensure dangerous items are kept out of the reach of children.
– See more at: http://www.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=20056#sthash.QkLh5nPp.dpuf
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note