A three year old boy, Abdulsalam AbdulMalik has reportedly suffered severe burns from hot water at his residence in Ilorin, yesterday.
Abdulsalam who is currently under admission at the Ilorin General Hospital sustained the injury as a result of hot water which poured on him while walking round the living room.
It was gathered that the boy unknowingly hit his leg against a kettle that was placed on a charcoal stove filled with water.
The little boy’s mother, Mrs. Abdulmalik while speaking with our correspondent at the hospital premises yesterday revealed that the she was removing the clothes she washed from the wire when the incident happened.
“I was packing our cloths from the wire outside the house when the incident happened. I just noticed that he was trying to navigate his way beside the charcoal stove when his cloth got entangled and he hit his leg against the kettle while trying to escape unfortunately hot water poured on his body.
“We quickly poured cold pap on the affected parts and we subsequently rushed him here based on advice of our neighbours,” she lamented.
In the same vein, the father, Mr Abdulmalik said he was away from home when the incident occurred and he quickly dashed home when he received a distress call. “I was not around when it happened, on getting here I was told to buy the items needed to treat him and as you can see he is being attended to.”
The doctor attending to the child, who pleaded anonymity, however stated that there was no cause for alarm adding that the boy will be placed on admission. He urged parents and guardians to ensure dangerous items are kept out of the reach of children.
– See more at: http://www.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=20056#sthash.QkLh5nPp.dpuf
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal