Kwara State Governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has congratulated all the recipients of the 2022 national awards from the state, commending them for their great contributions in career, leadership and character to national growth and development.
At least 11 Kwarans made the list of honourees who received different national awards today, October 11, 2022, according to a statement by the Federal Ministry of Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Affairs. The awards were conferred on them by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The awardees from Kwara are: former President of the Nigeria Court of Appeal Justice Ayo Salami, CFR; Chief Judge of Kwara State Justice Sulyman Durosinlohun Kawu, OFR; retired Grand Kadi of the Kwara State Shariah Court of Appeal Justice Idris Abdullahi Haroon, OFR; and the immediate past Corps Marshal and Chief Executive of Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Dr Boboye Oyeyemi, OFR.
Others are Minister of Information and Culture Alhaji Lai Mohammed, CON; renowned neurosurgeon Prof Wale Suleiman, CON; Grand Mufti of Ilorin Sheikh Suleiman Faruq Onikijipa, OON; Chief Imam of Fouad Lababidi Central Mosque, Abuja, Sheikh Muhammed Tajudeen Adigun, OON; and foremost industrialist Alh. Kamoru Ibitoye Yusuf, MON.
The late football legend Rashidi Yekeen and Chief Superintendent of Police Benedict Okoh Ajide would also be confered posthumously as MON.
The Governor called the awardees true patriots who have paid their dues in their various professions, saying the decision of the President to honour them aptly capture their services to the fatherland.
“On behalf of the people and the government of our state, I felicitate these outstanding personalities who — in their respective fields — have etched their names in gold. We similarly commend Mr. President for finding these Kwarans worthy of the prestigious national honour,” the Governor added.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy