Abuja Fire disaster: Humanitarian Minister sympathizes with victims
Mrs Sadiya Umar Farouq, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development has sympathised with victims of fire disaster at the Tipper Garage Market, 3rd Avenue, Gwarimpa in Abuja.
Farouq expressed compassion to the affected people in a statement by her Special Assistant on Media, Mrs Nneka Anibeze, in Abuja.
The fire razed the market in the early hours of Thursday in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Farouq described the fire outbreak as tragic, adding that she was deeply saddened by the incident.
“I sympathize with the traders, especially those who lost their lives in the inferno.
“I learnt that six traders who lost their lives in the fire were said to be trapped in their stalls having passed the night there.
“I also sympathise with the families and relatives of the dead and pray God to grant them eternal rest,’’ she said.
Earlier, the minister directed the National Emergency Management Agency to assess the level of damage caused by the fire for immediate provision of relief and intervention materials.
The fire which started at midnight was said to have lasted over two hours before it was put out by the FCT Fire Service.
Goods worth millions of naira were burnt while several other traders sustained various degrees of burns.
Many houses around the market were also affected by the fire.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tuberculosis Detection, Case Control Must Be Prioritised In Rural Areas—-Stakeholders
- I’m eager to leave office, I want to focus on my farms– Buhari
- Profile of Rev. Fd. Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect
- Ramadan: CAN calls for prayers for peace in Nigeria
- (PHOTOS)EFCC arrests 28 suspected Yahoo Yahoo boys in Kwara
- Aggrieved parties file 25 petitions before Lagos election tribunal
- Referee suspended for using fan’s phone to review a goal
- Ramadan: Buhari sends best wishes to Muslim faithful
- NLC declares nationwide strike from Wednesday next week
- President-Elect Tinubu jets out to Europe