Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu described late Afenifere spokesman Yinka Odumakin as a nationalist who gave his all in Nigeria.
In a statement by State Information and Guidance Commissioner Donald Ojogo, Akeredolu said Odumakin was a true nationalist who placed the Yoruba race on a pedestal of honor and high esteem.
“His roles in the enthronement of popular democracy as well as his ardent defender of the rule of law remain without doubt legendary.
“We remember his fiery start in wrestling as the publicity secretary of the Obafemi Awolowo University Students’ Union, where he discharged his duties honorably.
“He represented a momentous time having been an active participant in the passion and action for a better Nigeria during his lifetime. Those who remain will find great inspiration in Yinka’s legacy to continue the struggle.
“For her immediate family, Yinka has created an irreplaceable void; he indeed left an open wound of frightening spots for his colleagues with whom the moments shared were always with their eyes on a united Nigeria of justice for all.
“Even those who had reason to disagree with Yinka on issues will feel the absence of intellectual engagements. Countless losses, indeed.
“On the path of the path of service, Yinka defied his age, incurably seeking knowledge and more wisdom from the older generations to enrich and equip himself. The whole Yoruba race has lost a puzzle in the search for a just society.
“Despite the suffering, ours is to pray that our deceased brother, colleague and associate will find comfort in the bosom of his Creator until the day of resurrection,” Akeredolu said.
The Governor expressed his sincere condolences to Yinka’s wife, Joe, family, friends, associates and acquaintances for this untimely death. It is a personal loss. (NOPE)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections