Governor Umaru Al-Makura Nasarawa State has sacked nine commissioners and two Special Advisers.
This was contained in a statement issued by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Mohammed Abdullahi.
The statement listed affected commissioners as Abdulhamid Kwarra of Ministry of Environment and Solid Minerals; Gabriel Aka’Ka, Ministry of Water Resources and Rural Development and Mrs Mary Enwongulu of Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development.
Also affected were Bamaiyi Anagba, Youth and Sports Development; Dr Daniel Iya, Health; Yusuf Shehu Usman, Information, Culture and Tourism and Sonny Agassi, Lands and Physical Planning.
Others were Mr Mohammed Yahaya, Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport and Tanko Zubair, Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Cooperatives. The statement also indicated that six commissioners retained their jobs, but with Mr Jamil Zakari moved from Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources to Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism.
The Special Advisers who lost their jobs were Hajarat Ibrahim Danyaro, Gender Relations, Rehabilitation and Disabilities and Ado Mohammed of Community-Based Relations/Conflict Resolution and Management.
The statement revealed that former Special Adviser to the Governor on Security, Lt.-Gen. Mohammed Adeka (rtd), would henceforth handle Community-Based Relations/Conflict Resolution and Management.
“Meanwhile, Gov. Umaru Al-Makura, on behalf of the people of Nasarawa State, profoundly thanks the outgoing commissioners and special advisers for their services and wishes them success in their future endeavours,” it said. (NAN).
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note