Retired Col. David Imuse, the State APC Caretaker Committee Chairman said this while inaugurating the women and youth mobilisation committee for the membership registration and revalidation in the state.
This is contained in a statement by Mr Victor Osehobo, the state APC Assistant Publicity Secretary in Benin on Monday.
Imuse said that the revalidation would be carried out across the 192 wards of the state.
“The time has come for those who left to come home, so that together we all will build a stronger united APC to move Edo forward.
“The old has passed away, anybody joining now will be treated, accepted and integrated in line with the traditional hospitality of the APC.
“There are no old or new members, we are all joiners. The ruling APC in Nigeria is a branded democratic, populist, people-centred political party unlike several other parties who have no membership register of any sort.
“Being a member of APC has several benefits. This include the capacity to vote in the election of candidates for wards, local government and state congresses, to choose party officers and party candidates for elective public offices among others,” he said.
Iwuse added: “Members also play big roles by attending party meetings at ward or local government levels periodically to speak and make suggestions on ways to make the society better.
“The APC has become the party of choice for many, across Nigeria and Edo in particular because all too soon it has become obvious that the party is a party with legitimacy and credibility that cannot be bought with a mess of porridge.
“The APC welcomes all and it is a party for the welfare of all.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory