It was gathered that the eight month arrears remained withheld by the Federal Government.
A senior member of the union at the Bayero University Kano made this known in an interview with our corespondent in Abuja on Wednesday.
“Some of our members have started receiving salaries and I can confirm to you that we received our full salaries for the month of November. However, the arrears are still withheld.”
The Federal Government refused to pay the striking lecturers for the eight months which the union embarked on strike.
The lecturers, in October 2022 were also paid pro-rata (half-pay) according to the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige.
Lecturers across the country have been protesting against this decision by the Federal Government.
The National Executive Council of the union is expected to hold a crucial meeting in the coming days over the withheld salaries.
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa