Be civil, activist advises EndSARS protesters
An activist, Mr Jacob Pwakim, has advised Nigerians protesting against the existence of the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS), a unit of the Nigerian Police Force, to be civil and peaceful in their protests.
Pwakim, who is the Executive Director of an NGO, Youth Initiative Against Violence and Human Rights Abuse (YIAVHA), gave the advice in an interview with ROYAL NEWS on Friday in Jos.
He described the protest as genuine and long over due, but cautioned that it should not be allowed to turn violent.
He also warned the protesters against hiding under any guise to loot properties of innocent Nigerians.
“True activists are noble people, in spite of the hardships, you have to apply reason because it is all about a better society,”he said.
“You must make arrangements for security so that people do not take advantage of the protest to loot because looting is not part of activism,” the activist said.
He called on the government and security agencies to ensure that hoodlums did not take advantage of the protest to cause chaos.
ROYAL NEWS reports that in the last few days, protesters in some parts of the country have been calling on the Federal Government to scrap SARS alleging brutality on the part of its operatives and other police personnel.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Nigeria to launch two more satellites into space soon – Defence Agency
- NSCDC arrests 9 over alleged meter bypass in Osun
- INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
- Osun Govt explains delay of civil servants’ March salaries
- Singer “Portable” cooling feet in police custody
- Interim Govt: DSS raising fake alarm, ploy to arrest opposition– Atiku
- Yul Edochie reports son’s death to Police for investigation
- Election: Nigerians in USA get permission to hold protest opposite White House
- Github fires its entire India engineering team, over 140 employees
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)