There’s an unfounded claim that Hushpuppi would have gotten away with scamming but he caught the attention of the US Feds after he tried to impress Blac Chyna.
Ramon Olorunwa Abbas, better known as Hushpuppi, was arrested in June 2020 in Dubai and extradited to the US.
According to the US Department of Justice, Hushpuppi was charged with “laundering hundreds of millions of dollars from business email compromise (BEC) frauds and other scams, including schemes targeting a US law firm, a foreign bank and an English Premier League soccer club.”
It later emerged that Huspuppi also allegedly conspired with 3 North Korean computer hackers to steal more than $1.3 billion from companies and banks in the U.S. and other countries, federal prosecutors in the US said.
Now, there are claims Hushpuppi might have gotten away with all that for much longer, but he started hanging out with Blac Chyna and this drew the attention of US federal agents.
As a result of this rumour, Blac Chyna’s name is currently number one on the Twitter trend table as Nigerians discuss the claim.
Recall that months before Hushpuppi’s arrest, he and Blac Chyna were spotted spending time together after Chyna travelled to Dubai. They even spent 2020 Valentine’s weekend together and Huspuppi gave her a tour of Dubai.
Below are Twitter reactions to the claim linking Blac Chyna to Hushpuppi’s downfall.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency