President Muhammadu Buhari has forwarded the name of Justice Olukayode Ariwoola to the Senate for confirmation as the substantial Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN.
Similarly, the Presidential sought the confirmation of four executive directors of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN by the upper legislative chamber.
Buhari, in separate letters read on Tuesday at the start of the plenary by the Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, quoted the constitution for his actions.
The President administered the oath of office on Ariwoola on June 27 at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Ariwoola took over from Justice IbrahimTanko Muhammad who resigned on health grounds.
While taking the judicial oath, he swore to be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Government of Nigeria, as well as defend its Constitution.
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo