Buhari sends message to ex-APC chairman, Oyegun
President Muhammadu Buhari has joined members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in congratulating Chief John Odigie Oyegun on his 80th birthday.
He described him as true example of a patriot and democrat.
In a statement by his spokesman, Femi Adesina, Buhari congratulateed Oyegun on the milestone, which he noted, has been highlighted with memories of great achievements “like turning a Permanent Secretary at the age of 30, winning a gubernatorial election in early 50s, and providing visionary leadership to unseat an incumbent government for the first time in Nigeria’s history.”
The President affirmed that the former chairman of All Nigeria’s Peoples Party (ANPP) and APC set a standard for consistency, honesty and integrity in Nigeria’s politics as he championed building of strong democratic institutions, and promoted the virtue of looking beyond elections and positions to growing and unifying the nation for posterity.
“As an active participant in Nigeria’s political development and governance for many years, President Buhari believes Chief Oyegun’s depth of wisdom, maturity, tolerance and penchant for always putting the interest of the nation above self should serve as a lesson to both old and younger political actors, that the greatest investment for building a nation is personal sacrifice.
“The President rejoices with family members, friends and associates of the former governor of Edo State as he turns an octogenarian, praying that God will give him good health and strength to keep serving the nation and humanity”, the statement added
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate