The government of the People’s Republic of China on Monday said that it would create more opportunities for more Nigerians to visit China in the years ahead.
Mr Chu Maoming, Consul General of China in Lagos State, told the News Agency of Nigeria that the Consulate and the Chinese Embassy would facilitate visas issuance to more Nigerians.
Maoming said that the signing of the agreement on the Belt and Road Initiative between Presidents Muhammadu Buhari and Xi Jingpin was a welcome development for both countries.
“Within the framework of the agreement on the Belt and Road Initiative signed between Presidents Muhammadu Buhari and Xi Jinping, there would be more business and trade transaction between China and Nigeria.
“We do know that more Nigerians would be travelling to China and more of Chinese businesses and investments coming to Nigeria.
“We, therefore, know that the need to provide more Nigerians with visas is very important.
“What we want Nigerians to know is that the process for applying for the Chinese visas is one of the fastest and most convenient,’’ he
Maoming said that the Chinese Consulate and Embassy would continue to give preference to Nigerians applying for visas to China for
businesses, investments and other purposes.
The Envoy, who expressed the Chinese government’s commitment to strengthening relations with Africa, said that more businesses and investments should be expected in Nigeria from China in the years ahead.
“We are going to be seeing more of Chinese businesses, trade and investments in Nigeria. We would also be seeing more investments from Nigeria in China.
“We are very happy to see the strengthening of our areas of cooperation within the framework of the One Belt and Road
Initiative,’’ he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide