Two herdsmen, Usman Muhammed and Manu Saleh both appeared before a Wuse Zone 2 Chief Magistrates’ Court, Abuja over alleged kidnapping on Wednesday.
They were later remanded in prison custody pending police investigation.
Muhammed and Saleh of Gwagwalada Village, Abuja, were arraigned on three-count charge of criminal conspiracy, causing grievous hurt and kidnapping.
The Senior Magistrate, Mohammed Tahir, gave the order for the defendants to be remanded and adjourned hearing till Dec. 8.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Gambo Musa, told the court that one Saidu Adamu, of Gwagwalada village, Abuja, reported the matter at the Nigeria Mobile Police (Mopol) team in Abuja on Nov. 21.
Musa said that the defendants kidnapped the complainant and his son sometimes in October.
He said that the defendants later released the complainant in order to source for the ransom demanded for his son’s release.
The prosecutor added that the complainant’s son also managed to escape.
He said that on Nov. 18, the defendants came back to the complainant’s house, hit his hand and head with cutlass and kidnapped his wife.
Musa, said that the defendants kept the complainant’s wife in the bush for two days and demanded for N1million ransom until she managed to escape.
He said that the phone used by the duo in demanding for the ransom was recovered from them during police investigations.
The prosecutor said that the offence contravened Sections 97, 247 and 273 of the Penal Code
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo