The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Nigeria surpassed 100,000 on Jan.10 after 1,024 new cases were reported, bringing the total number of infections to 100,087.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) disclosed on its verified website on Sunday.
The NCDC regrettably reported eight additional COVID-19-related deaths in the last 24 hours in the country.
The agency said the total number of deaths was now 1,358 and the case fatality rate was 1.5 per cent in the country.
”Abia-11, Adamawa-27, Akwa-Ibom-9, Anambra-19, Bauchi-17, Bayelsa-21, Benue-11, Borno-36, Cross River-12, Delta-52, Ebonyi-30, Edo-119, Ekiti-7, Enugu-21, FCT-107, Gombe-38, Imo -17 and Jigawa-55.
”Kaduna-55, Kano-70, Katsina-27, Kebbi-13, Kogi-2, Kwara -31, Lagos-256, Nassarawa-13, Niger -13, Ogun -35, Ondo-41, Osun -24, Oyo -54, Plateau -46, Rivers -67, Sokoto-20, Taraba-7, Yobe-8 and Zamfara-5,” it stated.
The public health agency said that the country’s active cases were 18,699, while only two states, Kogi and Cross River, had no active case of the infection as at Jan. 10.
The NCDC said the number of people who had recovered from the deadly virus is now 80,030.
“There are 613 COVID-19 patients discharged across Nigeria in the last 24 hours with the total number of successfully treated cases rising to 80,030.
“Our discharges today includes 253 community recoveries in Lagos State, managed in line with guidelines,” it said.
The agency said 1,025,560 people had been tested for the virus since it was first detected in the country 11 months back, with 13,976 tests carried out in the past 24 hours.
The public health said that the 1,024 new cases were reported in 16 states and the FCT.
It added that Lagos State with 653 cases led the pack with Plateau and Benue following with 63 and 48 cases respectively, Zamfara-45, FCT-42, Rivers-27,Ondo and Adamawa-26 each.
Amongst other states with new COVID-19 cases are Kaduna-22; Edo-18; Ogun-16; Imo-12; Kano-9, Yobe-6, Ekiti-5, Jigawa-4and Osun-2.
It said that a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, was coordinating response activities nationwide.
The country confirmed a coronavirus disease case on Feb. 27, 2020, since the beginning of the outbreak in China in January 202o.
The case was an Italian citizen who worked in the country and returned from Milan, Italy, to Lagos, Nigeria, on Feb. 25, 2020. He was confirmed by the Virology Laboratory of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, part of the Laboratory Network of the NCDC.
Copyright 2020 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Contact: [email protected]
- Update: Wife of Pastor Mike Davids who accused Apostle Johnson Suleman of sleeping with her, breaks her silence (videos)
- Osun State Govt rescues 20-year-old physically disabled woman locked up in abandoned house for five years by her family
- Court orders release of Ibrahim El-Zakzaky’s wife for COVID-19 treatment
- Israel bans all passenger flights in and out of country to curb COVID-19 spread
- EFCC loses money laundering case against Atiku Abubakar’s lawyer
- Court dismisses charges against four #EndSARS protesters arrested in Abuja
- “If you say that using the left hand to give someone something is bad then you should also be okay with the killing of twins” Actress Kiki Omeili writes
- Photos of the four Brazilian soccer players killed in plane crash alongside club president as they traveled separately from rest of the squad after testing positive for COVID
- Apostle Suleman dismisses report that he is being investigated for allegedly sleeping with a former Pastor’s wife
- Yoruba leaders have warned President Buhari not to arrest me- Sunday Igboho says (video)
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- News1 year ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Metro10 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics1 year ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)