The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji (Dr.) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has congratulated the former Nigeria’s military president, General Ibrahim Babangida (rtd), on the occasion of his 81st birthday celebration.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari noted that Gen. Babangida is known for his Intellect, administrative competence, passion and commitment to the nation’s unity, peace and progress.
The Emir, in a goodwill message issued by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, on Wednesday also commended the ex-military president for his contributions to the sustainability of Nigeria’s democratic practice through constant supports to all the tiers of government since the return of democracy in 1999.
He said: “Gen. Babangida has continued to offer himself to the nation as a virile counsellor to upcoming political leaders with strong network with both younger and older gladiators.”
Alhaji Sulu-Sulu-Gambari, on behalf of the entire Traditional Rulers Council in the state wished Gen. Babangida more years on earth with sound health and comfort.
“The nation’s political landscapes will continue to make reference to the historical roles of the former military president which has further shaped the sociocultural and economic development of the country”, he added.
The Emir however commiserated with Gen. Babangida over the passage of his friend and former spokesman, Chief Duro Onabule, describing it as an unfortunate incidence.
He prayed Allah to grant the former military president the strength and patience to cope with the demise of the deceased and prayed God to grant the families, friends and associates left behind by late Chief Onabule the fortitude to bear the great loss.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)