The Emir of Ilorin and Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has expressed sadness over the demise of the Vice Chancellor of the Kwara State University, (KWASU) Malete, Professor Muhammed Akanbi SAN, who died on Sunday.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari described the incidence as quite shocking, unfortunate and saddening stressing that the VC’s death is a colossal loss to the people of Ilorin Emirate, Kwarans and humanity at large.
In his condolence message issued by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, the Emir said: Inna lillahi Waina Ilaihi Rojihhun. I received the news of the death of Professor Muhammed Akanbi SAN with sadness.
According to him, “He was a replica of his late father and pioneer chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, (ICPC) Justice Mustapha Akanbi (rtd) who was until his death the Wakilin Ilorin Emirate.
“He attained the pinnacle of his legal career to become a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, (SAN) as well as the Zenith of academic profession as a Professor of Law and was appointed by the current administration as the 2nd Vice Chancellor of the Kwara State University, Malete all within his youthful age of existence on earth.
“He demonstrated high level of incorruptibility, hardwork, commitments and dedication to the service of God and humanity at all levels of his private and public engagements. His death is a rude shock and devastating because of what he stood for in the society as a promising young man whose service, wisdom and commitments is needed for the growth and development of our dear nation.”
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari however extended the condolence of the entire members of the Kwara State Traditional Rulers Council to the government and people of Kwara State, especially, Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, the Governing Council, Management and Students of the University, the people of Ilorin Emirate and beyond over the irreparable loss.
While commiserating with the deceased’s families both immediate and exdended, the Emir prayed Almighty Allah to forgive his shortcomings, accept his good deeds and admit him into al-janatul firdaos.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt