The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has expressed shock over the death of the pioneer Grand Khadi of the Kwara State Sharia Court of Appeal, Justice AbdulKadir Orire (rtd).
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari described the deceased as a committed elderstateman who contributed immensely to the propagation of Islam in the society.
A condolence message issued by the Emir’s Spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, reads:
“The Emir of Ilorin, His Royal Highness Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari is deeply saddened by the death of the Sarkin Malami of Ilorin, Hon. Justice AbdulKadir Orire who died on Tuesday.
“Alhaji Orire was a prominent member of the Jamatul Nasirul Islam, (JNI) and played prominent roles in the establishment and nurturing of the association which later became so strong nationwide. He mentored many youths to become scholars of high values and legal practitioners of repute. During his active days in service, he was outstanding and disciplined. After he retired from service, he dedicated his life to dawah activities and community services.”
The Emir however condoled his families both immediate and extended, friends, traditional chiefs, the people of Ilorin Emirate Council and the entire Muslim ummah over the great loss.
“May Allah be pleased with soul, forgive his shortcomings, accept his good deeds and admit him into Al-janatul firdaos” , the Emir prayed .
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92