The Governor of Ekiti State and Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Dr Kayode Fayemi will deliver the 50th anniversary lecture of the Centre for Historical Documentation and Research (Arewa House) in Kaduna on Saturday.
The lecture is part of week-long activities marking the golden jubilee anniversary of the centre. It is scheduled for the Banquet Hall, Arewa House Complex, Kaduna by 10.00am.
Dr Fayemi will be speaking on “Unfinished Greatness… Towards a More Perfect Union in Nigeria” at the lecture which will be chaired by former Vice President, Arc Namadi Sambo. Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai and Vice Chancellor, Ahamadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, Prof Kabiru Bala are Chief Host and Host respectively.
Considered as the biggest event in Northern Nigeria, previous speakers at the annual lecture series include, President Mohammadu Buhari, former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon; the late President Shehu Shagari.
Other previous speakers are: Oba Erediuwa of Benin, Professor Ishaya Audu, Professor Abdullahi Smith; Alhaji Liman Ciroma, Ambassador Jolly Tanko Yusuf; the late Sultan Abubakar III, and Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Matthew Hassan Kukah.
According to the Director of the Centre, Dr Shuaibu Shehu Aliyu, “This year’s lecture is a special one, being a milestone celebration of 50 years of our existence. It will be big, elaborate and unique.”
Arewa House, according to him, is a centre for harmony, to uphold national unity and serve as a political bridge between the North and the South.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)