French President Emmanuel Macron has been slapped in the face by a man.
The embarrassing incident occured during a walkabout session with a crowd in the Drome region in southeastern France, BFM TV and RMC radio reported on Tuesday, June 8.
A viral video published by BFM TV and RMC shows a man in a green T-Shirt, with glasses and a face mask, shout out “Down with Macronia” (“A Bas La Macronie”) and then deliver a slap to Macron’s face.
Macron’s security entourage quickly intervened and pulled the man to the ground before moving Macron away from him.
Two men have reportedly been arrested in the wake of the incident, according to French media.
Watch the video below…
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline