The Gombe State Primary Health Care Development Agency (PHCDA) said it would restructure the existing 518 primary health facilities in the state for optimal services.
The agency’s Director of Administration and Finance, Alhaji Faruk Bello, disclosed this at a news conference in Gombe on Wednesday.
He said arrangements had been concluded to ensure that after restructuring the facilities, each of the 114 wards in the state had one referral centre before transferring sick persons to another hospital.
He added that after restructuring the health facilities, the state government would equip them to maximum standards “so that people could get the best health care they needed.’’
According to him, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will support the state government with funds to reframe the hospital.
He said that the state government would also complement the efforts of Federal Government in the area of routine immunization to rid the country of polio virus
Facebook Comments Box
- Civil Defense Receives Bags Of Rice As Palliative In Kwara
- Customs CG begins sales of seized food items in Lagos
- Why FG Created Ministry of Marine & Blue Economy– Perm Sec.
- Death of Dep. DOP Nathaniel shocking, sad—Kwara Gov
- Correpondents’ Chapel Commiserates with Kwara Governor, NUJ Over Demise Of Dep. DOP
- NPF Forge Ties With NITDA On Digital Literacy
- NAMA Strengthens Partnership with Nigerian Air Force For Airspace Safety
- KWSG Donates Mattresses to NYSC Camp
- DISCLAIMER: MISSING PERSON NOT KWASU STUDENT
- Senators reject service extension for NASS clerk, others