The Gombe State Primary Health Care Development Agency (PHCDA) said it would restructure the existing 518 primary health facilities in the state for optimal services.
The agency’s Director of Administration and Finance, Alhaji Faruk Bello, disclosed this at a news conference in Gombe on Wednesday.
He said arrangements had been concluded to ensure that after restructuring the facilities, each of the 114 wards in the state had one referral centre before transferring sick persons to another hospital.
He added that after restructuring the health facilities, the state government would equip them to maximum standards “so that people could get the best health care they needed.’’
According to him, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will support the state government with funds to reframe the hospital.
He said that the state government would also complement the efforts of Federal Government in the area of routine immunization to rid the country of polio virus
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements