The Kwara State Governor, Mallam AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, has appointed a veteran journalist, Mr. Kayode Adeyipo, as the Chairman, Board of Kwara State Broadcasting (Radio Kwara).
ROYAL NEWS reports that other members of the board are Muhammad Buhari Jimoh; Hajia Aisha Muhammad; Dr (Mrs) Amina S. Ahmed; Hon. Mary Ebun Oyeleye; Hajia Bolajoko Jumoke Bello; and Engineer Dele Aje.
Meanwhile, members of the National League of Veteran Journalists (NALVEJ) in Kwara State have rejoiced with Adeyipo on his appointment, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Adeyipo, a former director, News and Current Affairs at the pace-setter broadcasting station was named the chairman of its board on Thursday by the state government.
The NALVEJ chairman, Alhaji Tunde Akanbi, in a statement signed by the publicity secretary, Alh Abdullahi Olesin, described Adeyipo’s appointment as well deserved.
Akanbi hailed the state governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq for appointing veteran journalists into positions of authority in the state.
He recalled the recent appointments of Alh Hameex Adio and Mrs Tina Olaoye as chairman and member of Kwara State Television (KWTV) respectively.
The league’s chairman assured the governor of the continent support of the veteran journalists in the state, saying he had proven to be a true friend and ally of media practioners.
Akanbi wished Adeyipo and other members of the Radio Kwara board a successful tenure.
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks