The Emir of Okuta and Chairman Baruten Traditional Rulers’ Council, Alhaji Abubakar Idris Sero, will on Saturday 29th October 2022 confer traditional title of Yariman Okuta on the Governor of Kwara State, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq.
Also to be trubaned is the founder of Sobi FM, Alhaji Lukman Mustapha with the title of Barden Okuta at the 2022 Gaani cultural festival which will commence on Friday 28th October 2022.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that other activities lined up for this year’s event are; traditional outing and positioning of Royal Drums, cultural vigil (donserubu), Emir’s visitation to cultural sites, Horse riding displays as well as Conferment of titles.
The Emir therefore urged sons and daughters of Okuta Emirate and beyond to troop en mass to participate in the historic event.
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC