By Hammed Salawu, Minna
The convoy of Governor Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger state has reportedly brutalized and assaulted a family of six members travelling on the Minna – Suleja road.
ROYAL NEWS learnt that the family comprising of three kids, mother, father and an uncle were said to be travelling to Minna from Abuja for the weekend when they encountered the convoy few distance away from Lambatta town axis of the road.
A victim of the assault, Kamsobife Chucks who was driving the family car at the time of the incident told our correspondent in Minna that overzealous police escorts in the convoy used butts of guns to hit and beat him to pulp.
He said that one of his eyes was partially damaged and swollen as a result of the brutal manhandling and slaps landed on his face the by the policemen attached to the convoy
According to him, “I was driving the family car on the Suleja – Minna road on our way to Minna at about 4.30pm when we saw the first escort of the Governor’s convoy. They said we should leave the road we obeyed and parked but because that portion of the road is very bad with deep ditch, I stopped to allow them pass, however, the third vehicle on the convoy, a Prado Jeep hit us by the driver’s door trying to push us off the road”.
Chuks said that the escorts apparently saw him video the incident on a phone as a result of which they laid ambush at a place known as Gurara junction and descended on him using their boots and butts of guns.
He said, “While the children were crying, they forced me to unlock the phone before seizing it and ordered me to drive away as they deleted the pictures. They met me again along the road gave me more slaps before returning the phone to me”.
They also used their gun to smash the side mirror of our vehicle and broke the door handle.
However, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Jibrin Ndace, described the allegations as false when contacted and declined further comment.
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity