Gov Oyetola reverses Aregbesola’s education policies, retains Opon-Imo
Governor Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State on Monday abolished the same uniform policy introduced by the administration of ex-Governor Rauf Aregbesola.
But the government retained the ‘Opon Imo’ initiative introduced by the same administration.
The decision of the cabinet was announced by Funke Egbemode, the State Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, after the State Executive Council meeting held earlier in the day.
The state cabinet also cancelled the middle schools introduced by the Aregbesola administration and directed that students in public schools across the state should return to wearing their previous uniforms effective the next academic session.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Nigeria to launch two more satellites into space soon – Defence Agency
- NSCDC arrests 9 over alleged meter bypass in Osun
- INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
- Osun Govt explains delay of civil servants’ March salaries
- Singer “Portable” cooling feet in police custody
- Interim Govt: DSS raising fake alarm, ploy to arrest opposition– Atiku
- Yul Edochie reports son’s death to Police for investigation
- Election: Nigerians in USA get permission to hold protest opposite White House
- Github fires its entire India engineering team, over 140 employees
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)