ABOUT 10 aides working with the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, have tested positive for COVID-19, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
This was confirmed following the conducted on all the governor’s aides and domestic staff at the Government House, Marina.
Although, some aides tested negative but the ten who were returned positive have since been taken to isolation centres.
However, the governor, and his wife, Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu, for the third time have tested negative for the highly contagious disease.
Akin Abayomi, the state commissioner for health, who confirmed this on Thursday via his twitter handle, has therefore, again, emphasised the the need for Nigerians especially residents of Lagos, to maintain social distancing, and wear face masks and observe other protocols to stay safe.
“On behalf of @followlasg, I therefore implore you all to continue to embrace the #MaskUpLagos initiative and observe all precautionary measures: distancing, hand washing and other personal hygiene,” said Abayomi.
The commissioner added that all directives on easing lockdown in Lagos State remain in full force.
He said: “It is our collective responsibility to do all we can to stop the spread of #COVID19 #ForAGreaterLagos”
I am glad to announce that #COVID19 Incident Commander Governor of Lagos State @jidesanwoolu and the First Lady of Lagos @jokesanwoolu have consistently tested negative to #COVID19 following three consecutive tests conducted on them recently.”
Facebook Comments Box
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000
- Samuel Eto’o attacks man outside stadium in Qatar
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity