From Ahmed Idris, Birnin Kebbi
Members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Kebbi State have donated locally made face masks, liquid hand wash and hand sanitisers to the state government.
Presenting the items to the State Government at the Malaria Control Units, the State Cordintor of the scheme, Alhaji Mustapha Mohammed, said that the items were part of the scheme’s contributions toward curbing the spread of COVID-19 in the state.
He said: “These items are produced by corps members serving in the state as part of their contributions to the fight against Coronavirus.
“They produced the items under the NYSC’s Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) programme. The corps members locally produced the items as their part of their contributions to the fight against COVID-19.
“This is in compliance with the NYSC Director-General’s directive for contributions by the scheme to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in the country.”
Tbe NYSC boss further that, “COVID-19 is a global pandemic and the NYSC cannot fold its arms waiting for the government alone to profer solutions. Actually, it is supposed to be a collective responsibility of all Nigerians.”
Mohammed added that the corps members’ contributions did not just stop at the production of the items but had been involved in other engagements too.
He said that the corps members had equally embarked on sensitisation campaigns on the pandemic and fumigation of some local government areas.
The state Commissioner for Health, Mallam Muhammed Ja’afar, received the items on behalf of the state government.
Ja’afar, also the Chairman, Task Force Committee on COVID-19 in the state, appreciated the corps members for their efforts.
“The committee is very grateful to the NYSC’s SAED for providing various protective devices which will be used to help curtail the spread of COVID-19 in the state. Your initiative to support Kebbi State Government in curtailing this pandemic is a very noble one.”
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note