Gov. David Umahi of Ebonyi on Tuesday signed the 2021 budget of N123 billion into law ascribing the infrastructural transformation of the state to the support from President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.
The governor said that unlike other states, Ebonyi would appreciate the president’s gesture, noting that the state acknowledged the depth of such support.
“No administration in the country has favoured Ebonyi in all ramifications like the Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.
“The infrastructural strides in the state are not products of the allocation from the Federated Account or Internally Generated Revenue, but dedicated funds provided by the president to develop Nigeria.
“The support from the president include: infrastructural refund to all states that reconstructed federal roads, bailout funds, budget support, agricultural loans, Small and Medium Enterprises fund, media support, among others,” he said.
The governor also thanked the state House of Assembly for ensuring the speedy passage of the budget and pledged to ensure its judicious implementation.
“I thank the leadership of the local governments of the state for ensuring that our policies and programmes are stepped down at the grassroots and this has greatly enhanced the people’s wellbeing.
“The council chairmen have set the pace in the country by constructing three kilometres of concrete roads in their areas, massively empowered our people, and constructed schools among other life-uplifting projects.
“The combination of the House Speaker, the state’s Chief Judge, Attorney General and their team have helped me in saving countless billions of naira from scammers, which could impoverish the state,” he said.
Chief Francis Nwifuru, Speaker of the state House of Assembly, said the members expeditiously reviewed the budget estimate and duly passed it into law.
“We were impressed with the manner in which previous budgets were implemented by the executive arm of government and we were optimistic that the 2021 budget would follow the same trend.
“The house will always collaborate with the executive and judicial arms of government to ensure that democratic dividends are always delivered to the people,” he said.
Mr Cletus Ofoke, the state’s Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, said the budget’s early passage indicated the state government’s desire to implement people-oriented policies and programmes.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the 2021 budget, tagged: ‘Budget of Stabilisation and Consolidation in a Recession’ has a recurrent expenditure outlay of N49.1 billion representing 40 per cent of the budget.
The budget also has a capital expenditure outlay of N74 billion which represents 60 per cent of the budget.
Copyright 2020 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Contact: [email protected]
- Update: Wife of Pastor Mike Davids who accused Apostle Johnson Suleman of sleeping with her, breaks her silence (videos)
- Osun State Govt rescues 20-year-old physically disabled woman locked up in abandoned house for five years by her family
- Court orders release of Ibrahim El-Zakzaky’s wife for COVID-19 treatment
- Israel bans all passenger flights in and out of country to curb COVID-19 spread
- EFCC loses money laundering case against Atiku Abubakar’s lawyer
- Court dismisses charges against four #EndSARS protesters arrested in Abuja
- “If you say that using the left hand to give someone something is bad then you should also be okay with the killing of twins” Actress Kiki Omeili writes
- Photos of the four Brazilian soccer players killed in plane crash alongside club president as they traveled separately from rest of the squad after testing positive for COVID
- Apostle Suleman dismisses report that he is being investigated for allegedly sleeping with a former Pastor’s wife
- Yoruba leaders have warned President Buhari not to arrest me- Sunday Igboho says (video)
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- News1 year ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Metro10 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics1 year ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)