A female inheritance bill which would see Abia women inherit and own properties in their father’s family, has been signed into law by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu.
Ikpeazu who congratulated women over the bill which now has a law citation of ‘The Female Persons Right of Inheritance of Property Law 2022’, said his administration would continue to support women.
Also appreciating the state assembly for the courage to pass the bill, the Governor promised that his administration would lean on the side of reason and common sense in the discharge of its obligations to residents of the state.
Ikpeazu who also described the bill as historic, added that women would no longer be treated as second-class citizens even in their families.
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa