Group urges electorates to come-out en-masse for voting exercise
Muslims have been charged to come-out en-masse to exercise their franchise as patriotic citizens of Nigeria.
The call was made in Ilorin – Kwara State on Thursday by the Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria in a joint Press Statement signed by the National Coordinator of the Group Alhaji Ibrahim Abdullahi and the National Secretary Dr. Nasir Balogun.
According to the Group, voting in this year’s election is a religious duty which any responsible Muslim must not shy away from it; adding that building a virile, stable and progressive Nation begins with choosing good Leaders to run the affairs of the Nation.
Still on the Election, the Group admonished Heads of all Security Agencies involved in the exercise across the Country to brief their personnel properly and equip them adequately to ward-off any emerging security threat.
It however appealed to Muslim Parents and Guardians to warn their children and wards on the dangers inherent in formenting trouble during elections, adding that the current Electoral Laws provide for serious purnishment for electoral offences.
The group finally called on Islamic Scholars and Imams across the Country to dedicate tomorrow Friday 25th February for Special Prayers for the success of the Elections and peaceful transition to the New Administration in the Country.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG
- Ekweremadu, wife, doctor found guilty of organ trafficking