A Non-Governmental Organisation, the Perfect Peace Sisters Friends Club has called on girls and women to shun all activities that could result in their being convicted in correctional custody.
This is as the organisation joined other parts of the world to commemorate the International Day of the Girl Child which is celebrated on 11th of October of every year.
In an interview with ROYAL NEWS shortly the group’s visit to the Nigerian Correctional Service, Suleja custodial centre to celebrate the day with female inmates, its Coordinator, Okere Magdalene, said they are giving support to the female inmates to give them support that opportunity of freedom can still come their ways.
According to Okere, the visitation also serves an opportunity to support the government in providing nutrition and hygiene materials needed by the female inmates, adding that girls and women are building blocks of the society.
“We are here to pay a visit to Suleja correctional center for humanitarian services. We have actually been doing more of this for years. We celebrated our 10th anniversary in 2019 and we have been engaging in this kind of visitation before today”
The group therefore called on other well meaning humanitarian organisation to continue to assist the government in seeing to the welfare of the people in the correctional centres across Nigeria.
While urging females to shun violence or any other acts that can lead to being imprisoned, Okere noted that it is disheartening to see inmates especially those of the female gender at correctional centers
Seeing the inmates especially the females and said she is hopeful that a day would come when luck would shine on the inmates for them to regain freedom.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74